The Bell Canada has created an app for the iPhone—Mobile TV—which, as the name implies, allows you to watch live TV on your phone. The channels available on Mobile TV include, but are not limited to, MTV, the Comedy Network, Treehouse, YTV, CBC News Network, the Weather Network and TSN. This app will only work over the Bell 3G Networks; thus, users must be Bell customers.
A number of applications are being developed to allow iPhone users to watch live TV on their phones.
- Open the App Store from your iPhone.
- Tap on “Search” at the bottom-right of the page.
- Type “Bell Mobile TV” in the search bar at the top of the page.
- Tap on “Bell Mobile TV” to be taken to its “Info” page.
- Tap on “Install” at the top-right corner of the Info page.
- Close the App Store.
- Tap on “Settings” from your iPhone
- Tap on “Wi-Fi,” the second option from the top.
- Set your Wi-Fi to “off” (Bell Mobile TV will not work over Wi-Fi, only the Bell 3G Network).
- Close the Settings page.
- Open the Bell Mobile TV app after it has downloaded.
- Tap on “OK” when asked if Bell Mobile TV can use your current location.
- Tap on the channel you wish to watch and enjoy!
Tips & Warnings
Bell Mobile TV Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
Watch your data usage when using Bell Mobile TV to ensure you are not going over your monthly limit. On average, the app uses 9 MB for every minute of streaming.